We got our first question today! Here it is:
Dear Lauren and Jenna:
I only saved 29% today and I know I can do better. But I saw some brie that I liked and couldn't resist buying it.......even though it wasn't on sale. : (
I need to be saving 40% every time I go to the store. What should I do?
Dear Lauren and Jenna:
I only saved 29% today and I know I can do better. But I saw some brie that I liked and couldn't resist buying it.......even though it wasn't on sale. : (
I need to be saving 40% every time I go to the store. What should I do?
Dear Anonymous,
I know what you mean about brie cheese. I just can't get enough!
What I have figured out is that it is cheaper to buy the big wheels instead of the triangle wedges.
The "price per unit" is a good thing to look at when analyzing your purchases.
The price per unit is listed on the price tag. Usually, the bigger a package is, the cheaper the price per unit is! Sometimes with foods we love, we just have to get it! Make sure that these purchases are rare.
Make up for it in other places! Make sure the rest of your purchases are on sale and that you have coupons.
Another great tip is to always check to see if your favorite foods are on sale every time you go to the store. That way you can make sure that you get a good price on it most of the time!
A good price for a full wheel of brie cheese is $5.99... That is $2 off the regular price and it is probably about double the cheese than the wedge for about the same price.
You will hit your target of 40%!!
Thanks for the great question! Keep 'em coming!
See, it takes no time to save a dime.
xoxo
Lauren and Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment