Friday, November 5, 2010

Why We $ave Money

Saving money is very important... duh.
Who doesn't like to save cash here and there?
There are so many fun ways to see how far you can s t r e t c h your money and still buy everything you want!
This blog will focus mostly on things you can buy at the grocery store, but we will still include other fun ways that we have saved money along the way.

If you think about it, the money you save through buying in bulk and stocking up, buying on sale, clipping coupons, and having reward cards can be used for so many other things. 
The savings really add up over time.
Try keeping track of your dollar savings each trip to the grocery store and you will be shocked to see how much a little bit of effort can make. 

We see our savings as a free dinner out, a night at the bars, or a cute new dress.

See, it takes no time to save a dime.
xoxo
Lauren and Jenna

5 comments:

  1. Dear Lauren and Jenna,

    I can't thank-you enough for your blog! I can certainly use some tips while shopping in the grocery store in the rough economy. I look forward to your information and will check in (and check out :) ) often to learn more!!

    xoxo
    Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lauren and Jenna:

    I only saved 29% today and I know I can do better. But I saw some brie that I liked and couldn't resist buying it.......even though it wasn't on sale. : (

    I need to be saving 40% every time I go to the store. What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I save money by making a list of what I want before shopping and avoid impulse buying. My motto is if you did not need it before you left home do not need it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lauren and Jenna: I tend to buy too much at Costco. Their groceries are high quality but the sizes available are often more than I can eat before the sell by date.Do you think it would be too much to ask the good looking widow woman next door to shop with me and split big items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog looks great! I am looking forward to getting new tips each week. I love the background design, too. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete