Monday, December 13, 2010

Examples of sale + a coupon

As you know, I saved 44% at the grocery store last week. Had a total of $20.40 of on sale savings and $7.00 in coupon savings.

Instead of writing about each thing I bought, I am going to show you examples of what we mean by "on sale + a coupon," which is our favorite thing in the whole world.
Fiber One Bars- Apple Streusel, reg. $3.50, were on sale for $1.74, plus I had a coupon for $.50 off 2 boxes (doubled to $1 off 2 boxes) so I got each box for $1.24.

Progresso Chicken Broth- Reg. $2.79, on sale for 2/$5 and I had a coupon for $1 off, so I got it for $1.50.
Langers Juice- Reg. $3.99, on sale for 3/$5, and I had 2 coupons. The first was $1 off 1 bottle and the other was $1 off 2 bottles. I got each bottle for $1.

Welch's Essentials Grape Juice- Reg. $3.49, on sale for $2.99 and I had 2 coupons each for $1 off 1. I got each bottle for $1.99. I knew that this was a new product which means that it will go on sale a lot at the beginning. I was very patient and kept checking out when would be the best time to use my coupons. It paid off!

 Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter- Reg. $2.69, on sale for 2/$5 and I had a coupon for $.50 off 1 (which was doubled). I got the jar for $1.50.
Palmolive Soap- Reg. $3.99, Super Saver Coupon Price of $1.99, plus I had a coupon for $.40 off 1 (which was doubled to $.80). I got the dish soap for $1.19.

Milk was on sale for $.99 for 1 gallon. I didn't have a coupon for this, but I just wanted to remind everyone to always buy the gallon with the latest expiration date to ensure that you are getting the freshest milk that will last the longest. 

See, it takes no time to save a dime. 
xoxo
Lauren and Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment