Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sorry, I'll have to take a raincheck...

I went to the grocery store this evening. I saved 44%. More to post on that later...
More importantly, I got my first raincheck!

"What is a raincheck," you ask??

Well, Tom Thumb had a super saver coupon for Charmin Bath Tissue of Bounty Paper Towels for $11.88, Regularly $15.99. Plus, I also have a coupon for $.25 off one Charmin product. (This will be multiplied.)

So I get to the toilet paper/paper towel aisle at the store, and there he is. An old man grabbing the last package off the shelf. What could I do? I couldn't fight him for it!!

When I got to the check-out counter, I simply told the cashier that they were out of the product that was advertised and he told me to go to customer service for a "raincheck." It took me a total of 30 seconds and now I can go back within the next 90 days and get Charmin Bath Tissue for $11.88!!!

(This isn't my raincheck, but mine looks exactly like it!!)

Just because the store ran out of the product doesn't mean that you cannot still get the deal. That wouldn't be very fair. Grocery stores offer rainchecks so that you will continue to do your shopping with them. I know I'll be back!

See, it takes no time to save a dime. 
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment