Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fresh Produce

It's a common misconception that buying fresh produce is extremely expensive.

It is very important that you know what is in season, good prices for produce, and that you only buy what you need.

Today I bought:
2 bananas for $0.50
1 bag of spinach for $1
1lb of strawberries for $1.77
1 avocado for $1.99
 
I had a coupon for $1 off any $5 produce purchase (discount is taken at full price).
I paid $4.26 for this fresh produce. Full price it would have cost $9.97. 
That's 57% savings.

Proof- it is possible to save money even on fresh produce.

See, it takes no time to save a dime.
xoxo
Lauren

(Disclaimer: If you know anything about me, you know that I LOVE avocados, but I won't pay more than $1 for each one. Today was a rare exception. I thought I'd die without an avocado.)

No comments:

Post a Comment